Monday, January 19, 2009

China Town on MLK Day


Today we were at China Town in DC. First, we went on the Metro from Silver Spring to Union Station. When we got out of the station there were a bunch of people trying to sell us Obama t-shirts, buttons, hats and anything else you can think of. Kristine had to get Inauguration tickets from her congressman. We then went to China Town. We walked and walked and walked! We then got to the big gate in China Town. It lo0ked like a portal stepping right into the heart of China. We ate lunch at the China Town Gardens. I bought a magnet from a street vendor. We then headed for the Metro back to Cec's house.
~ Meaghan

2 comments:

  1. I like your Obama buttons. I love your blogs. I cannot wait to hear your stories about the Inauguration tomorrow/Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Fu - I hope you're planning to bring me a souvenir from your trip. I will likely pout and cry if you don't! In a little over an hour you'll be watching history happen as our new President is sworn into office. What a huge thrill for you (and the rest of the world, too!)We just can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete